2022 Audition Notice
Representatives from the Scioto Sociey, Inc. and the outdoor drama Tecumseh! will attend the Institute of Outdoor Theatre, Ohio Theatre Alliance, New England Theatre Conference, Straw Hats, United Professional Theatre Auditions, and Southeastern Theatre Conference auditions for our 2022 season. We will be looking for actors and technicians to join our company for our annual summer production of Tecumseh!, as well as for our fall production. Rehearsals begin on May 23 and run up to opening on June 16, and the season extends to September 4. Housing is provided on site. Stage combat experience is helpful.
Strict Covid-19 protocols will be in place throughout the production season.
Indigenous artists are highly encouraged to apply.
The Scioto Society is a 501C-3 Nonprofit organization and is an equal opportunity employer.
Video auditions may be submitted electronically until March 25 to email@example.com. Materials should include 1) a current resume or CV with professional references 2) a color headshot in JPEG format 3) video submission (YouTube, DVD, or website) of one contemporary monologue and one Shakespearean monologue. Please remember to include current contact information on all materials.
Please reach out to Brandon Smith, producer, with any questions. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also accepting applications for front of house positions. Open positions include: Box office, ushers, maintenance and parking and security. To inquire or apply, contact Brandon Smith, producer, at email@example.com
The Scioto Society, Inc is currently seeking candidates for Associate Producer. This is a year round salary position. The Scioto Society, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages those from marginalized communities to apply. To apply, please send letter of interest, resume and references to: Brandon Smith, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment will begin in March of 2022.
A. Basic Functions
The Associate Producer serves as a year-round member of the Administrative Staff and reports directly to the Producer/CEO. Generally, the off-season schedule follows the standard Monday to Friday, 9-5, and shifts to a summer/run schedule, generally 4PM-12 on Monday through Saturday, on call 24hrs. The Associate Producer focuses on three central areas of the organization: 1) managing Theater Operations, 2) serving as the Point of Contact (POC) between administration and production staff members, and 3) assisting the Producer/CEO in managing facilities. This position is also responsible for other/miscellaneous job duties as assigned by the Producer/CEO.
The management of Theater Operations includes duties typically covered under the job title of “Theatre Manager,” such as supervising and assisting all departments, managing usher personnel, coordinating the hospitality program for group reservations, purchase ordering for house and facilities, communicating policy and procedure to staff and patrons, and dealing with customer service issues.
Administrative POC duties for the Production of Tecumseh! include partnering with the Director of Finance and Personnel on Human Resources, recruiting a house operations staff, drafting and managing employee contracts, partnering with the Artistic Director on casting and production, working directly with all department heads and the Production Stage Manager, and serving as the general point person for all things related to the production of Tecumseh!
Facilities management responsibilities include working with the Producer/CEO on overseeing capital improvement projects, developing and supervising a maintenance schedule, managing supply orders and dealing directly with vendors, overseeing grounds work, and coordinating winterization and de-winterization efforts on the property.
B. Organizational Relationships
- Framework of operation.
The Associate Producer reports to the CEO.
- Individuals reporting to the Associate Producer:
- ALL individuals who work on house staff, and all production personnel.
C. Specific Responsibilities
- Theater Operations
- Organize operations for fundraising events
- Supervise and assist all departments
- Manage Ushering Program
- Manage Hospitality Program for Groups
- Work directly with Salesperson on House bank and inventory
- Manage and approve purchase ordering for house and facilities
- Communicate policy and procedure to staff and patrons
- Manage safety and monitor hazard preparation
- Work with OHC on museum and artifact presentation
- Deal with patron issues, forward main office information
- Assist Producer/CEO and Director of Finance in setting budgets
- Assist Producer/CEO and Board of Trustees in generating and articulating policy
- Partner w/ Director of Finance and Personnel on Human Resources for Tecumseh!
- Recruit and hire house staff
- Assist with BWC case files
- Issue all employee contracts
- Research and implement safety procedures
- Manage disciplinary action
- Partner w/ Artistic Director and CEO on Casting and Production for Tecumseh!
- Recruit and hire acting company and technicians
- Work directly with all department heads and PSM
- Assist in housing assignments and backstage housekeeping
- Manage departmental spending and budgets
- Communicate policy and procedure to all cast and crew
- Work w/ Head Pyro on black powder storage and compliance, ATF licensing required.
- Facilities Management
- Work w/ CEO on overseeing capital improvement projects
- Develop and supervise maintenance schedule
- Manage supply orders and deal directly with vendors
- Inspect and maintain electrical, plumbing, structural elements of facility
- Oversee grounds work
- Coordinate winterization and de-winterization efforts
The Associate Producer is authorized to take any responsible action necessary to carry out the responsibilities delegated to the position so long as such action does not deviate from established policies and practices of the Company as defined herein, or with the TECUMSEH! Company Policy Manual, or conflict with sound business judgment. Decisions on personnel and disciplinary action must be coordinated with the CEO.
The Associate Producer may be asked from time to time to perform duties directly associated with aspects in carrying out the above position description. Any duties directly associated, which arise, and not specifically covered above are not meant to be burdensome, but in accordance with normal tasks expected from a position of this nature.
If you’re not able to attend any of the auditions listed above but are still interested in submitting yourself for the 2021 season, we accept video auditions. In addition to your resume, we would like to see two 90-second monologues, one classical/Shakespearean and one of your choice. YouTube links are preferred. Please be sure that your video submission is NOT set to “private,” as we won’t be able to view/process your audition. As an outdoor drama, we search for candidates with solid training in vocal projection. We do not use microphones. Do your best to demonstrate your command of a large open space.
We will do our very best to review all submitted materials. If we require any other information, we’ll reach out to you directly. Thank you for your interest in our company!
Please send all materials to email@example.com